Mission is at the heart of our community, and we love to bring Christ’s love and mercy to our city and the world through acts of mercy, justice, and social transformation. For our local mission, each year we partner with and support local organizations with the experience and expertise to help meet some of the greatest needs of Los Angeles. Internationally, we answer God's command to bring the gospel to nations around the world. We take yearly mission trips to Mexico and Haiti and support global missionaries in Thailand and Vietnam.
How can I get involved?
Our Spring Quarter Missions Menu has great opportunities for you to serve! Click on one of the four links below for details. If you have any questions, you can email firstname.lastname@example.org or one of the project leaders or just show up!
Annual Mission Trip to Haiti
Hands and Feet Children's Village in Jacmel, Haiti
March 12-19, 2016
Vintage will be returning to Jacmel, Haiti March 12-19, 2016 to love and serve the children at Hands and Feet Project! Hands and Feet Project brings Christ’s love to the orphaned and abandoned children of Haiti, one of the world’s poorest countries still recovering from a devastating earthquake five years ago. The team of 10-15 people will work on various projects around the Village, including construction, painting, and cleaning. Much time will be spent getting to know the beautiful children of Haiti, from pre-school to teenagers.
WANT TO HELP?
Help us send our team to Haiti by supporting them at these fundraisers:
Contact Ted Chen at email@example.com.
Who are our 2015 Missions Partners?
1. Angel Tree, bringing Christmas gifts to children of prison inmates.
2. Venice Bottles and Socks, ministering to the homeless in Venice.
3. Harvest Home, serving pregnant women who find themselves homeless.
5. Claris Health, empowering individuals to make informed pregnancy and sexual health choices.
6. Impacting Hearts, providing youth with love, support, and the opportunity to succeed.
7. Upward Bound House, eliminating homelessness among families with children.
8. International Justice Mission, rescuing and restoring victims of human trafficking, bringing criminals to justice, and strengthening justice systems.
9. Youth First, impacting the lives of at-risk teenagers in the Los Angeles area.
10. University High School, our church home on Sundays, serving students from 47 different countries.
How can you suggest a future missions partner?
If you’d like to recommend an organization to partner with Vintage Missions, please fill out this form.
Who are our International Missionaries?
We are privileged to support members of our church family on mission internationally!
Liz McCall - Thailand (serving with Avant Ministries) | Watch her quarterly video update here.
Michael and Becky Mann - Thailand
The D Family - Serving with Encompass World Partners in a closed country
David Brymer - Middle East
Cassandra and Edison Lee - Congo (leaders of Justice Rising)
WHO: IMPACTING HEARTS
WHAT: Youth in the foster care system.
WHEN/WHERE (1): Tuesdays 6:30-8pm
Light & Life Christian Fellowship
5951 Downey Ave.
Long Beach, 90805
WHEN/WHERE (2): Wednesdays from 7-9pm
Ascension Lutheran Church
17910 Prairie Ave
WHEN/WHERE (3): Thursdays 7-9pm
First Christian Church of Inglewood
215 E Hillcrest Blvd
LENGTH OF COMMITMENT:
- Once a month: Do you want to commit to get a group of people together (approximately 5 people needed) to provide dinner once a month? This could be your community group, family, friends, co-workers, etc.
- Once a week: Do you want to be a leader for these kids and invest in their lives every week? This is a one night a week commitment, because the youth need consistency in their lives. It’s an incredible opportunity to build meaningful relationships and help mentor these amazing kids.
RESOURCES NEEDED: You would need to provide food for the monthly commitment.
WHO: UPWARD BOUND HOUSE
WHAT: Help homeless families get back on their feet as they live in transitional apartments (6-8 months) before moving into permanent housing.
WHEN: Mondays or Tuesdays for volunteering to play with kids or teach the parents Life Skills class, or as needed when apartment opens up to adopt/decorate. Anytime: drop off donations of food (breakfast bags), clothing, etc.
WHERE:Santa Monica and Culver City
LENGTH OF COMMITMENT: Varies
RESOURCES NEEDED: any food donations for pantry (breakfast bags with granola bars/snacks), clothes etc for their onsite store, list provided when adopting a unit.
CONTACT: Star Markwalder at firstname.lastname@example.org
WHO: CLARIS HEALTH
WHAT: The “Reality Check” program is a partnership with the Inglewood Unified School District to provide students with Sexual Integrity Education as well as character development small groups. Two volunteer-staff positions have opened up:
WHEN: June 2015 to December 2015- six month commitment requiring 6 hours a week.
CONTACT: Claris Health/Reality Check at 310 820 2560