We are completely heartbroken by the devastation of the shooting Wednesday Night in Thousands Oaks and and now with the chaos of the local fires. In addition to praying here a few updates and ways you can help.
1. No Malibu Service This Sunday Nov 11th: Our 4pm at Webster Elementary has been cancelled for this Sunday. We invite our Malibu community to join us for any of other regular services at Santa Monica (9/11/6) and West LA (11am) sites. Our 6pm service in Santa Monica will have a particular focus on trauma response/recovery with extended times of prayer ministry.
2. Short Term Lodging: We have quite a few members in our church offering their homes for emergency short term lodging. If you are in need as result of the fires please feel free to reach out to us so we can get you set up.
3. Trauma Workshop This Sunday Nov 11th: Join us after our 11am and 6pm services in Santa Monica for a time of reflection, prayer and conversation on trauma symptoms and the recovery processes.
4. Volunteer: The Red Cross is currently accepting applications for volunteers on its website here. Volunteer work ranges from phone calls, data entry and client registration, to shelter support and supply replenishment.
5. Donate: Here are a few ways you can give now to support both victims of the fires and the shooting in Thousand Oaks.
* We are collecting supplies for our local Fire Department on Sunday, November 11th, from 8:45 - 11:15am at our Santa Monica location. You may likewise drop off the same supplies at your nearest fire station anytime.
Supplies Needed: Gallon ziplock bags, eye drops, face wipes, energy drinks, water granola bars, beef jerky, sunscreen, gold bond powder and chapstick.
* Giving to supportlafd.org to provide hydration backpacks for the LAFD.
* Giving directly to the Red Cross fire relief fund